Fireplaces were perhaps once seen as a thing of the past – a feature of old interiors lacking relevance to the modern day. Well, that is certainly no longer the case, as set to be big this 2016 are feature fireplaces! They can make a powerful addition to any room whether you are looking for a thing of beauty or a source of heat. They are a multi-purpose and often majestic installation, and here are some interesting reasons why having a fireplace fitted could significantly boost your home this year:
Why fireplaces are so hot… in more ways than one!
- A celebrity feature – many famous faces are opting for feature fireplaces in their homes, especially because there have been so many on the TV and across the media recently. Take the inspiration of period dramas, for example, such as Downtown Abbey and War and Peace, which showed fine fireplaces galore
- A great source of heat – having a fireplace can bring an alternate source of warmth into a home; particularly ideal for keeping cosy around. Whether you live alone or as part of family, the heat of fireplace offers a great communal space too!
- An attractive appearance – fireplaces can have a number of aesthetic features which make them especially stunning in your home. Designs area available which incorporate materials as diverse as metal and glass along with tiles and trimmings. You really can get an installation which suits your style preferences
Ready to help you
If you are looking for a feature fireplace to enhance your home, then Stonewoods may be able to help you. They are experts in the provision of Victorian fireplaces in London, as well as wide range of other designs, including reproductions. For more information you can visit their website: www.stonewoods.co.uk
A New Year signals a great chance for new beginnings – so if you are in a position where you’re ready to move, making plans for early in January is a wise choice. Some people might worry that it is too soon after Christmas, and that they may not have the funds they need. Yet an important thing to remember is that the beginning of any year tends to be the cheapest time, with post-Christmas sales and many businesses eager to take on new customers and start the year in good stead.
Why moving early in the year is a top option
1) You can look forward to summer – the months of January and February especially are typically associated with cold and unpleasant weather, so you can use this time to concentrate on moving, rather than compromising your time in the summer!
2) A post-Christmas de-clutter- the bustle of Christmas provides an opportunity for you to see your belongings on display and then de-clutter them accordingly. You may be able to utilise some gifts you have received into the decoration of your new home; therefore saving money
3) Workplace inspiration – a number of offices also choose to relocate in the New Year. It allows for fresh beginnings and gives workers the opportunity to start from scratch in assembling something positive
Here for you
Therefore, it could be seen that there is plenty of opportunity to make a move sooner rather than later. A prime example of a business aiding people with their decisions is Safe Removals London, an expert in the industry. They offer removals in London services at competitive rates, with a number of professionals able to assist you.
With London being such a big and bustling capital city, it can seem that everywhere is over-attended and most definitely busy! There are so many things to see and do – which typically involve following the tourist trails and what quickly becomes a space of ‘seeing the sights’. Yet all it takes is perhaps a little step off the beaten track and some inside-knowledge to discover some less-frequented places in the city which still have the power to amaze!
Take inspiration from some of our suggestions and perhaps find a hideaway to bring a bit of breathing-space! Whether you are curious student, adventurous visitor or commuter looking for a bit of something different, there is plenty to choose from:
1) Wilton’s Music Hall – located in Tower Hamlets, this is a traditional Victorian music hall which has been recently restored to how it would have looked in the grand old days. It boasts a beautiful Mahogany Bar where you can sit and drink in relative peace, and there are options to explore the venue too!
2) Postman’s Park – not far from the site of the old General Post Office, the park acquired its name because it was a popular lunch venue for workers there. You can find the Watts memorial located the and it is notable as a setting in the 2004 Closer, starring Jude Law
3) Little Venice – not far from Camden and Regents Park, this area of London boasts beautiful little waterside eating-houses and shops along the water
4) The house of Dennis Severs – it is here visitors can completely immerse themselves in a 18th century London home, left completely as it would have been at the time – including uneaten food still there and beds unmade
The above are just some of the more secretive spaces you can check out in London. Another example of a provider of secret spaces is Top Removals London – why? Because they are offering exclusive storage London space for your belongings on the city too: whether you are visiting or moving! Make a ‘hidden gem’ of our items, by ensuring they are safe and most efficiently arranged. For more information you can visit their website.
Now summer is over, thoughts are turning to planning for Christmas! It may seem premature, but if you are looking for the ultimate gift solution and project all in one, then taking up crafting is a great prospect.
Sew your own!
Every year people seek to decorate their house and show their affection to others through trinkets and gifts. Commonly-bought items include decorations to hang around the home, novelty jumpers and tree decorations. Yet rather than be part of rush and push of buying these items – there is a creative solution – make them!
Christmas crafts are set to be big this year – especially because of the previous popularity of The Great British Sewing Bee and also Kirstie Allsopp’s crafting programmes and books. With some good Christmas fabric and a determination to make something great, you can be well on the way! There are many instructional videos on YouTube and online which may inspire you to make a particular product. They are also a great source of teaching you technique in an easy-to-understand way.
Some ideas to get you going
But if you are super-keen, why not consider planning one of these following projects? After all, taking up a crafting creation for Christmas provides an ideal method to occupy those darkening nights:
- Sew your own stockings – you can use decorative fabric for the sock, and then perhaps embellish with sequins for a great novelty effect. These will look brilliant and traditional when assembled on a fireplace or near the Christmas tree
- Christmas teddy bear – there are many templates and even beginner kits available for making a basic teddy bear. Then you can carry on the festive spirit and sew on some seasonal extras, such as a holly necklace, for example
For a wide range of Christmas craft fabrics to get you started, the company to help you is The Remnant House. Visit their website today to find out why at – www.remnanthousefabric.co.uk
When it comes to packaging, there are few materials more versatile and affordable than shrink wrap. This material can wrap all manner of products, and it might just be the packaging material for your company’s goods!
The Benefits of Shrink Wrapping
The benefits of shrink wrap are plentiful. It can cover boats, vegetables, boxes, DVD cases, picture frames and it covers them with as little excess material as possible! It’s fully recyclable too, meaning the environment isn’t going to suffer once the shrink wrapping material is no longer required.
It’s a versatile cost efficient material, and while packaging can be outsourced, it is often better to do it all in house to speed up the process, and save on costs. Though to achieve this, a high quality machine to print the wrap is needed.
There are numerous types of shrink wrapping machines available, and it pays to research thoroughly what machine will be right for your business. Choosing a company with specialises in the machines can be a big help too, with them being able to recommend exactly what’s needed.
Companies dedicate themselves to providing the best in packaging machines and Adpak Machinery Systems Ltd offer all manner of new and used machinery, from L Sealing Chambers to tray loading systems. The used machines are virtually brand new thanks to the way they refurbish them, and whatever the production size or budget, there is a machine out there suitable for any business.
With the better weather and brighter skies, people deserve to enjoy their days – both outside and inside. Many job roles are based in offices, and there has been a growing popularity over recent years to integrate positivity into the working environment. You may anticipate that it can be difficult to get that summer vibe whilst sitting at a desk, filling out paperwork or typing. Yet with the right furnishings, a productive atmosphere really can be a prospect! And this is not just in relation to summer, but a long-term solution.
Fix your furniture
Ultimately, having the right office furniture is not just a summer phase, it is a necessity. Furniture is not only essential to the function of an office and can serve a number of functions, but also ensures staff safety and support. Furthermore, furnishings are often the first thing people see on entering a working environment – and this can really count when appealing to clients. Having quality designer furniture can make a key first impression and emphasizes that you care about your staff and workspace. You can impress with designer office furniture for sure!
Why making a selection this summer is ideal
- Make the most of offers and exclusive stock – with new designs often being issued in the summer period
- Celebrate your space – you can make a versatile choice in furnishing which not only adds to the summer mood, but is effective in winter too. Factors such as durability, comfort and style are key
- The longer days and lighter nights make an ideal opportunity to assemble and arrange an office
- The right structure – with fully-supportive chairs and desks employees can embrace their space
A prime example of a provider offering an extensive range of designs is Bevlan Office Interiors. They strive to satisfy, with extensive experience in the industry. For more information you can contact them direct on -01254 876666 – now.
Summer is popular time of year for moving – whether that is transferring home or property space. After all, things can look and feel so much better in the lighter, longer days, and therefore many people take the opportunity to make a meaningful transition. When you relocate, of course you deserve to feel the optimism. Whether domestic or office, a new space offers prospect and opportunity for a fresh start.
However, not just for a fresh start but the BEST start, it is important that you seek the right support when you move. Year on year, a number of people attempt to move house alone or without professional services, often resulting in them feeling too exhausted to properly enjoy their new property on arrival. Furthermore, packing and lifting heavy equipment can place a strain on the individual; the last thing many people want when they are already busy.
Help for you and a smooth move
However, if you are in the capital and seek a man and van service, you can be assured of a wise decision. Professional moving companies in the capital can offer their expertise of working in busy environments, to help you pack, transport and unload all your belongings. A smooth move is possible – consider man and van London experts.
- A personal, friendly and interactive service
- They take the weight – experienced members of the team will help you load and unload your belongings from a specially designed vehicle which is perfectly sized for the task
- In safe hands – the best companies will treat your belongings with the utmost care and respect
A van is the plan
A prime example of a moving firm who fulfil the above points and much more is Elephant Removals. With years of experience working across the country, as well as internationally, the team are always ready to discuss your options. They offer an extensive variety of supportive moving services, including van options. Contact them on – 0845 009 180 – now.
Summer is certainly here, with rising temperatures and light nights meaning all-the-more opportunity to spend time outdoors. This may cause you to think more about your garden space. Is it versatile? Is it is as easy to maintain as it could be? After all, you deserve a garden – large or small – which has strong visual impact and is composed of quality.
However, many people dread the prospect of a large lawn. Especially when it is summer, a grassed space requires moving and maintenance which can be time consuming. A lawn also can cause mess due to dirt and grass stains. Yet 2015 has seen garden landscaping move significantly in the direction of stone solutions – both to add versatility to gardens with a lawn, and in some cases, replace the grass all together.
Natural stone paving looks great
When you opt for stone paving, you can add elegance and distinct charm to an outdoor space. Stone allows a firm foundation for other garden equipment, such as for putting up benches and lining with pots.
Furthermore, it can be incorporated into a variety of designs which can add diversity to your outdoor space. This may include a patio, stone steps or even walls and ledges. Not only does stone look good, but it can add value to your house – as gardens incorporating stone are so very popular right now.
Consider your options:
- Sandstone – brings a beautiful buff colour and attractive, non-slip surface
- Limestone – a classically stunning stone, available in a variety of shades
- Yorkstone – a locally-obtained British stone, known for its quality and versatility
But for many more options and also advice regarding the perfect stone solution for you – London Stone is there to help! They are leading providers of paving stones, in an extensive selection, sourced as carefully and ethically as possible. As commended providers in their field, they are always willing to discuss your options. Contact them direct on 08442 251 915 – now.